The Group is planning to carry out the following activities in its most important development areas for 2021:
- Regarding digital transformation and placing the customer at the centre, in 2020, the Group further stepped up its already underway efforts to provide online solutions to support insurance operations, partly accelerated by the Covid-19 situation, and it intends to continue along this path in 2021. Activities will focus on facilitating communication for the customer, exploring omni-channel marketing and replacing paper-based communication with electronic means. The Group will pursue new digital avenues, offering a wider array of online sales options, informative solutions, service subscriptions and information points providing advice on selecting optimal coverage for individual customer segments. The launch of solutions in individual markets will be timed based on the individual market’s needs and maturity.
- As part of its IT transformation, in 2020 the Group embarked on a comprehensive redesign of its information systems supporting the Group’s core business. The 2021 plans for insurance business are to complete the renovation of the core business IT solutions for the Croatian branch of Zavarovalnica Sava. In addition, work will start on renovating the IT system supporting non-life insurance business in Slovenia, reinsurance business and life insurance business in Serbia. The Group will continue optimising its data warehouses to allow advanced analysis of data for new regulatory (IFRS 17) and business purposes. The management of IT processes will be improved by implementing an IT service management solution. Technological and process upgrades in cyber security will also continue, with an emphasis on end-user training.
- The third pillar of the Group’s strategy is acquisitions-based growth. In addition to effective organic growth, the Group will continue to seek out opportunities for growth through acquisitions in the areas and countries where it is already present.
Three key development paths of the Sava Insurance Group in 2020–2022
- Digital transformation and placing the customer at the centre: to improve customer experience and tailor our services to the wishes and needs of our customers
- IT transformation: to develop a modern and flexible IT system to gain a competitive advantage
- Acquisitions-based growth: to complement our efficient organic growth in a strategic and prudent manner.